Thursday, January 12, 2017

Life Book 2017 - Week 2 - Second Bonus Lesson

Here is the second bonus lesson this week by the fabulous Andrea Gomoll. I loved creating this lesson as it was so relaxing just creating background pages and turning them into affirmation cards. I probably went a little overboard with my pages as I ended up with 30 cards! Oh well as I figure it, I will have one card for every day for some of the months. I'm sure I will be adding to my deck in future.


I created the background of my cards using a watercolour wash with Paper Artsy Infusions and Perfect Pearls sprinkled on top. The Infusions are lovely and produce a quick, colourful background.


This is Golden Sands Infusions. I created two background pages on 200g/m2 watercolour paper and glued them together which gave me a wonderful sturdy card.


This is Sunset Beach Infusions. I created my own collage background paper by printing Psalm 139 onto paper stained with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. On my scraps I used a sheet music stamp for some variety.


This is A Bit Jaded Infusions. All of the affirmations on my cards are based on truths contained in the Bible.


I embossed all the edges of my cards with gold embossing powder. Now you can't tell I have adhered two pieces of paper together.


All thirty of my cards. I'm looking forward to creating more colours and affirmations. The Bible has a treasure trove of them.


I am thinking that these could make a lovely gift.


I wanted to display some of my cards on a page for my Life Book. So I created another background page using Blackcurrant Infusions. I adhered a piece of Tyvek to the back of my paper for strength and then cut slits for a sampling of my cards.


Here is my finished page with cards inserted.


I punched holes before I made my slits to prevent tearing.


I absolutely loved creating this project for it's ease and practicality. I am going to shuffle my deck and pull out a card each day to remind me of God's truth about me, meditate on associated verses and apply it to my life.
If you are interested in playing along with us in Life Book, click the link in my side bar for more information.
Keep on creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment